Following things must exist on your Computer/Linux :-
=> Direct Working Internet Connection or Yum Should run from Terminal. If you are using Internet connection with Proxy then it will be problematic for you.
=> RHEL 5.x must be installed
What is VLC Player ?
=> VLC media player is an open source, free software media player and multimedia framework written by the VideoLAN project.
There are so many peoples who is facing issue while installing VLC Player on Linux and CentOS, Most of the peoples suffer with dependencies problem if they are going to install VLC Player using RPM or YUM.
But Now you will find a very easy way to install VLC Player, I have created Bash Script to Install VLC Player with all Dependencies, So Forget about all problems Just Download and Run Bash Script which I have created for VLC Player Installation on RHEL 5.
Perform Following Steps to Install VLC Player on RHEL 5.x / Cent OS 5.x
1. You need to be root to run this script.
2. Download this VLC INSTALLATION SCRIPT.
3. Execute following Command where you have downloaded the script.
[root@ask4itsolutions ~]# chmod +x vlc-installation.sh
4. Now Execute your script by two ways mentioned below
[root@ask4itsolutions ~]# sh vlc-installation.sh
[root@ask4itsolutions ~]# ./vlc-installation.sh
5. Now Just Site Back and Relax for Few Minutes as per your Internet Connection it will Install VLC Player Without any error.
6. Remember you have to be normal user to run VLC Player, You cannot Run VLC Player as root.
Hope you ENJOY THIS………
If this works for you then Show your support and encourage me to write some more howto’s by commenting on the same topic or by sending me mail on blog(at)ask4itsolutions(dot)com
If this doesn’t work for you then also please do let me know so i can helps you out to solve the issue, If you are facing the error then please send me mail on blog(at)ask4itsolutions(dot)com with Subject:- VLC Installation Issue
Enjoy Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Enjoy Ubuntu Enjoy Open Source Enjoy Linux