To install a printer driver locally on a Windows XP based computer, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Printers and Faxes.
- Double-click Add Printer to start the Add Printer Wizard, and then click Next. Click Local printer, clear the Automatically detect and install check box, and then click Next.
- Click Create a new port, and then click Local Port in the Port type section.
- In the Port Name box, type the path to the printer in the following format, where server is the name of the print server and printer is the name of the printer:
- Click Next, and then select a Windows 2000 or Windows XP driver for your printer.
Click Next, and then follow the instructions to finish the wizard.